Corporate members include
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS),
- Australian Taxation Office (ATO),
- Department of Defence (DoD),
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA),
- Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC),
- Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs (FaHCSIA),
- Attorney-General’s Department,
- Australian Sports Commission,
- Medicare Australia,
- Geoscience Australia
- Formation Data P/L
- SMS Management & Technology.
- IP Australia
- Faculty of Information Sciences & Engineering, University of Canberra
- QFire Software
There are also a number of individual members who are independent contractors and consultants working in government agencies.
The Chapter plays a key role within Canberra, and nationally, in the interchange of information and experience with metadata standards, metadata registries, and other emerging metadata issues.
The major benefit sought by members is to be part of an informal network to hear guest speakers, network, and exchange ideas with data managers who have similar responsibilities in other organisations.
View the upcoming events, and the previous events hosted by the Canberra Chapter. Many of our guest presenters provide a copy of their presentations for download from the previous events page.
To assist the networking, DAMA provides cocktails or a dinner with each meeting. On average thirty members will attend each meeting.